Friday, October 16, 2009

I should be allowed to stay at Oxford: Argument and Counterargument

Argument:

I am literate:

Me (in my paper): Therefore, the doubts of participants do not negate the assertion that the participants expected and were motivated by spiritual rewards; in their salvation-centered tradition, one could never be too careful. Tutor: [[A very important point, well expressed.]]

I am studious:

Librarian (as I place a stack of 5 books on the counter): 'Crusades again?' Me: 'Yep, I'll be here every Friday'

Counterargument

I am an idiot:

Me (again in my paper): the potential for material gain is always persuasive; the Gold Rush of 1949 [[Tutor: surely you mean the Californian Gold rush of 1848?]] and contemporary lotteries are indicative of this.

Counterargument 1 : Argument 0

No comments:

Post a Comment