Sunday, August 16, 2009

Two Days in Paris, by the numbers

length of my layover in Toronto, in hours, during which I did nothing productive: 5
number of ginger ales I ordered before discovering that beer on the flight over was free: 1
price of a 'pain au chocolat,' in euros, bought in order to get change for a phone call: 1.95
price in euros of my phone call to paul: 1.40
cost of an espresso shot, also used to get change: 1.55
cost of my ticket to Paris from the airport, in change: 8.50
amount of money wasted because the change machine was broken: 3.50
yesterday's high, in celsius: 30
amount of jet lag I felt, on a scale from 1 to 10 (ten being the most lagged): 1.5
months it's been since I left Paris: 27
close friends I got to spend time with last night: 3 (also, the number of free meals I've generously been given)
number of days I have left in Paris: 15-19 (! ! ! !)

3 comments:

  1. What about the ratio of a circle's circumference to it's diameter? You forgot that number - and for that, I hate you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. tres pleased by the 1.5 jet lag. job well done.

    ReplyDelete