Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Last Day in Paris

Welp, this little 2+ week vacation is almost finished.

It's been at times bizarre, stunning, comforting, fulfilling, tiring, and relaxing.

But mostly it has felt like I'm living here again (with the corollary of that being that I will continue to live here), so I think my confused senses will get a wake up call (in more ways than one) when I board the Eurostar tomorrow at 6:45 (that would be A.M. my friends, a brotha's gotta save himself 20 euros when he can save himself 20 euros) and head off to the United Kingdom.

This last month or so has been a somewhat awkward transition from life in Seattle, to a short stint of life in Colorado, then adjusting to life again here in Paris. I've never really felt settled since I left Seattle, and just as I'm beginning to feel that here, I'm off again. So I hope 3.5 months at Oxford will give me a bit more time to get my bearings and truly live in the now and the here.

But until then, I'm enjoying one last day of Paris and people I love dearly.


2 comments:

  1. I had a dream where you were in vitro fertilized with someone else's baby so that Alyssa and I could adopt it. You carried the baby and had a C-section. Everything went great.

    Prophetic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come back and settle in Colorado. Or I could come to the Ancient Ram Inn with you, whichever you prefer.

    ReplyDelete