Sunday, September 13, 2009

One Week

Hypothetical situation: You have one week to live. You have the opportunity to find out the answers to two eternal questions that have been plaguing your mind before you hit the hay.

Which questions would you have answered?

Personally, I'd probably choose these two: "What can maps tell us about the medieval conception of time?" and "Was Oxford a typical medieval university?"

Incidentally, it's quite lucky that I will have the answers to these two questions by next Monday, and, in addition, will hopefully have more than a week to live. The only downside is that I have to find the answers myself, and I have to write two eight-page papers explaining those answers.

In any case, I know what I'm doing this week, so before I retreat into the dark corners of the Bodleian library, I thought I'd leave you with some pictures from the last week.






5 comments:

  1. You told me you weren't close to the Ancient Ram Inn!!! Stonehenge is close !!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, let me help you write your papers. In 400 point font:

    1. Nothing. Did you really ask me that?
    2. Oxford has never stopped being a school that does not accept anything that doesn't have to do with Medieval history. Hence, my having to answer questions such as question 1.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, in my answer to question 2, I used three negatives, so A++ for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought you said Oxford was going to be hard! Sounds pretty easy to me!!!!!

    ReplyDelete